'Watch your thoughts, they become words.
Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become character.
Watch your character, it becomes your destiny.’
- Frank Outlaw
About the Group
Mind Over Matters Group is a psycho-educational therapy group designed to assist individuals in overcoming problem feelings and behaviors by changing unhelpful or outdated thinking patterns and self-talk. This type of therapy is often referred to as cognitive-behavioral therapy and can provide concrete tools to help people help themselves. Principles of mindfulness are also incorporated into the curriculum. These kinds of therapy have been proven helpful for many who struggle with: low self-worth; mood disorders, such as anxiety or depression; problem feelings, such as guilt, shame or anger; or behavioral issues, including addictions, procrastination, people-pleasing or over-doing and stress related to pressure to perform.
- Identify, challenge and replace thinking errors associated with difficulties
- Examine core beliefs and revise those that sabotage or create suffering
- Challenge perfectionism, learning to dare to be average and strive for excellence as best fits your wants and the situation
- Learn mindfulness strategies
- Be in the NOW, not the past or the future
- Separate uncontrollables from controllables
- Learn strategies to help develop unconditional self-acceptance and self-worth
- Learn the power of affirmations, strengths, gratitude and self-coping statements
- Handouts will be provided on relevant topics each week.
- Most insurance companies will pay for group therapy. We will assist you with checking your insurance benefits and obtaining prior authorization as needed.